Increasing factory output
- Factory capacity expansion did not meet customer demand.
- Leading to lower profits, rising lead times, delivery problems, and dissatisfied customers.
- High pressure to increase the output a.s.a.p.
- Need for output increase of 10% by better utilizing people and assets.
- Within the shortest possible period.
- No additional investments.
- Improved factory output by 14%.
- Backlog and lead times reduced from 16 to 4 weeks.
- Continuous monitoring and improvement of output, downtimes and machine speeds.
- Improved machine operating and cleaning procedures.
- Technical improvements.
- Control system changes.
- Daily meeting to continuously analyse and improve downtimes.
- People working together towards a common goal.
- Direct actions based on lean methodology.
- Analysis phase to identify opportunities.
- Targeted improvement projects.
- Monitoring and continuous improvement cycles.