Reduce service costs by capacity improvement
- No. 1 automotive cabling plant of our client.
- Highly competitive business environment.
- Service and lowest cost price critical to stay in business.
- In 2010 significant additional rush shipments and outsourcing costs due to capacity limitations in one of their key production lines.
- In 2011 OEE improved from 43 % to 69 % (61 % improvement).
- Outsourcing and service costs were avoided, resulting in a 2.5 m Euro cost savings vs 2010.
- Operational discipline to work accordingly.
- Daily leadership, connected to shop floor defects.
- Non-value-added work eliminated in key machine set ups.
- Good X-functional teamwork.
- Detailed operating standards defined and implemented.
- Daily IDEX to drive execution according standard.
- Rigorous SMED to improve set up times.
- Training of management and improvement team.