Reducing transport costs by increasing truck & driver efficiency
- €50 m transport costs.
- Typically in the feed business the transport costs are a big part of the added value.
- Company started Overall Operational Excellence Program.
- Reduce transport costs by 5%, which is €2 m / year.
- Prove that Lean Six Sigma is working.
- Achieve continuous improvement culture.
- Analysis shows truck and driver utilization of 60-70% and truck loading of 90%.
- Improvements at first location show 10-20% improvement of truck utilisation and 5% improvement at truck loading.
- Set up operating system for labour & truck utilisation.
- Planning improvements: truck parameters & matching of truck & driver planning.
- Staff is trained in root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Thorough data analysis.
- Process mapping.
- Finding root causes through the installation of IDEX.
- Train employees and start improvements.